Jackson Academy celebrated homecoming Friday with a day-long series of events culminating in a victory in The Brickyard, bringing the Raiders to a 5-1 record. Before the game, the homecoming court and first-grade attendants paraded down Sheffield Drive on golf carts driven by fathers for a grand entrance into the stadium. The court was presented at halftime. Lilly Gebhart was crowned homecoming queen. Drake Lester escorted her.
Senior class maids were Molly Baldwin, Amelia Dare Bowman, Stella Allen, Avery Brooks, and Lilly Gebhart; escorts were Drake Lester, Cade Breland, Mason Shoemaker, Owen Carter, and Louis Summerford. Representing the junior class as maids were Morgan Turner, Liles Williams, Kate Frost, and Vivian Baker, and escorts were Zyon McDowell, Owen Bates, Charles Baker, and Harper Mars.
Sophomore class maids were Ellen Morgan, Sophie Sosa, and Sailor Hart Simpson, escorted by John Travelstead, Kendell Davis, and Ben Jones.
Court attendants are first-grade students whose parents are faculty or staff members. Serving as court attendants were the following:
- Quinn Wettach, son of Brittany and Eddie Wettach
- Jackson Campbell, son of Helen Ann and Bill Campbell
- Margaret Morgan, daughter of Mary Clay and Matt Morgan
- Emma Chatham, daughter of Anna and Shawn Chatham
- Elizabeth Neely, daughter of Erin and Max Neely
- Harper Hood, daughter of Roxie and David Hood
- Julia Miller, daughter of Austin and Martin Miller
- Annabel Pinnen, daughter of Sydney and Christian Pinnen
- Maggie Taylor, daughter of Mamie and Zach Taylor
- Colton Shirey, son of Annie and Jake Shirey
- James New, son of Ashly and Zach New
Click here to view photos on Facebook!