We’re glad you’re considering Jackson Academy for your child’s education, and we would love to make the admission process as seamless as possible.
Admission to Jackson Academy is competitive and a few steps are required of all families who wish for their children to attend JA. Admission is based on strong academic achievement, aptitude testing or screening, and personal qualities such as integrity, motivation, enthusiasm, and compassion.
Steps to Admission
Each applicant is carefully evaluated by the Admissions Committee to determine his or her ability to successfully handle the demands of the school’s academic programs. We do this through an established process:
- Schedule a campus tour. The tour is an informational opportunity for you to learn more about JA and for JA to learn more about your child.
- Complete an application. Apply as early as possible, as the date an application is submitted determines the order of consideration. The ideal time to apply is in the fall preceding the year in which you wish to enroll, but we will consider all applications as they arrive.
- Submit the $50 application fee. The application fee is a one-time payment for each child and is non-refundable.
- Take appropriate screenings or tests. There are required entrance tests to determine academic ability and placement. Students applying for K3, K4, and K5 receive screenings.
JA will require the following documents to enroll your child:
- Long-form birth certificate. A long form birth certificate is sometimes referred to as the official version. This certificate is required of all students enrolled.
- Certificate of Immunization Compliance (Form 121). This form MUST be signed by the Regional Health Officer, a physician, nurse, or designee. This certificate is required of all students once enrolled.
- School Transcript Release Form. The signed JA application allows JA to request copies of your child’s academic records from his or her previous school.
Jackson Academy reserves the right to request additional information to make its final admission decision.
K3, K4, and K5 Applicants
Applications for K3, K4, and K5 are accepted at any time. Those in the applicant pool are contacted one year prior to each child’s entry date to update their information. For K3, a half-day program is available and there are two options for K4 and K5 – a half-day program or a full-day program.
Lower, Middle and Upper School Applicants
The Jackson Academy Admission Office will inform the prospective student of the admission decision within 48 hours of all completed Admission requirements.
Jackson Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational, employment or admissions policies, its scholarships, athletic, or other school-administered programs.
Visit Jackson Academy
Schedule your personal tour of Jackson Academy’s campus to learn more about JA by calling 601.364.5761 or signing up online.