JA’s robust arts programming includes both traditional and modern forms, allowing students to explore classes, after school programs, and projects that develop their skills and confidence. Jackson Academy employs professional working artists who are also extraordinarily gifted teachers.
Arts & Music Programs
- Choral Music
- Interactive Media & Communications
- Theatre & Performing Arts
- Visual Arts
- Students have great opportunities to perform in recitals, plays, musical productions, concerts, assemblies, and school events, as well as in local, state, and out-of-state festivals and competitions.
- JA visual art students have their artwork displayed both on campus and in national competitions.
- JA’s band regularly earns all-superior ratings in both concert and marching competitions.
- Images, the Upper School literary magazine, has won the Columbia Scholastic Press Association Gold Grown award.
- Show choir recently achieved the Grand Champion title at two 2013 competitions.
- Raider TV offers an outlet for students to experiment with broadcast journalism both in front of and behind the camera.
- Individualized training in dance, piano, voice, and acting is available to students through both faculty and area artists who teach conservatory classes at JA.
Performing Arts Center
In January 2010, JA opened the Performing Arts Center. This center houses an 800-seat theatre, a flexible theatre, choral room, classrooms, offices, and a workshop, as well as areas for art displays. The Performing Arts Center hosts student assemblies for all school divisions, honor inductions, chapel programs, plays, musical performances, and community presentations. The center also attracts top ballet companies and many other area Jackson-area arts groups.