JA’s highly competitive and successful athletics programs teach valuable life lessons and develop sportsmanship, camaraderie, and physical fitness. Our students and families rally around our student-athletes, building community and school spirit.
The JA Booster Club helps fund what we believe are the best high-school athletic facilities in Mississippi. Regular events and updates keep Booster Club patrons in-the-know about Raider athletics.
And for those die-hard Raider fans who can’t always make it to the game or who simply want to listen in on the play-by-play, 1400 AM broadcasts all of the JA varsity football games, select varsity girls and boys basketball games, and select baseball games. Also, Raider Network broadcasts all the basketball, baseball, football games, and select games from other JA sports.
Raider teams compete in the Mississippi Association of Independent Schools in Division I of the North AAAA Conference.
Coaches work together to enable multi-talented athletes to participate and succeed in as many sports as possible to help Jackson Academy
- JA alums have gone on to play college football, basketball, baseball, tennis, cross country, and track all over the country.
- The innovative PE4Life physical education curriculum at JA underpins our athletic programs. From PK onward, students learn health and wellness assessment and approaches that they can carry with them throughout their lives.
- JA coaches have earned “Coach of the Year” recognition from the Clarion-Ledger.
- Some of the youngest JA students try out teamwork and skill development through the Little Dribblers and Little Accents programs, both of which perform at Upper School games.
- The entire JA community comes together during pep rallies held throughout the fall. Cheerleaders and dance teams create an atmosphere of celebration and mutual support. Many members of JA’s spirit teams have achieved All-American status.
- Fourth-grade students participate in open intramural-style teams, with all games being played at JA.
- At football games, a special contingent of fans, the Rowdies, outfit themselves in full JA regalia and face paint — ready to cheer the players on to success.
- Football, baseball, boys and girls basketball, volleyball, tennis, golf and boys and girls soccer have all won state championships in recent years.
Individual team accomplishments can be found on the team pages.