This scholarship is offered to students entering grades five through eleven for the 2019–20 school year, who are currently enrolled or are applying for admission. The application process for the 2019-20 scholarship will open for applicants on September 15, 2018.
Eligibility is Based Upon:
- U. S. Citizenship;
- Current JA student or admission application with admission test scores and transcripts submitted;
- Two recommendations (may be from teachers, principals, pastors, coaches, and other school leaders, with at least one teacher recommendation encouraged), two essays, and on campus interviews for finalists.
- Placement in the top five percent of students academically as identified by school records, standardized test scores, or other recognized assessment methods;
- Having exemplary citizenship in accordance with JA core values, and showing enthusiasm and motivation for maximizing educational opportunities;
- Qualifying for some level of demonstrated financial need as determined by School and Student Services (SSS) by NAIS.
Steps to Apply (Deadline December 1, 2018)
- First register (registration ends November 23, 2018) for the Jernberg Scholarship here (separate from the application).
- Complete a 2019-20 application for admission to Jackson Academy online or be a current (2018-19) fourth through tenth grade JA student.
- Complete the application for the Jernberg Scholarship and submit it along with the two student essays.
- Complete admission testing for new students. Applicants will check in at 8:00 a.m. and test from 8:15 a.m.-12:00 p.m. on one of the following Saturdays: October 13, November 10, or December 1. Applicants must contact Admissions to schedule their test date (601-364-5450).
- Submit two letters of recommendation from teachers, principals, pastors, coaches, or other school leaders, with at least one from a teacher. As a courtesy, please request recommendations before Thanksgiving, since they are due on December 1.
- Complete the tuition assistance application and submit it online along with the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) to the SSS between November 1 and December 1, 2018. The 2018 tax return, W-2s, and 1099s must be uploaded to the SSS website on or before February 15, 2019.
For More Information
For additional information, please contact the admission coordinator at 601.364.5450.